Saturday, June 22, 2013

It's Been a Long Time...

I'm sitting here doing some paperwork on the computer, and I thought about my blog. My poor, neglected blog. A place where I used to come and share about the events of my family. Just the general 'what's happening' sort of stuff. A lot has changed in a year....

First, I am teaching full-time. I love it. Or rather, I'm on summer break, but I have a job that I'm going back to in the fall. I love my job and I find it challenging, which is a good thing. It's in an elementary school - which is my comfort zone - so I am happy.

The Bug is still involved in Color Guard. In fact, she's one of the captains now. She's going to be a Junior in the fall - where does the time go? - and will hopefully get her driver's license before Christmas is here. She's grown into such a beautiful, caring young lady. She is hilarious and sweet and funny and sassy - all of those things that make having a teenage daughter a joy.

Hubs and I are - well - separated. Remember a few years ago when something was going on and I took a break from blogging? Well, that thing was our marriage. It hasn't gotten any better and if anything, is only worse. I am disappointed in him for how he chose to handle what he felt were our problems and I'm even more disappointed in him for how he has chosen to handle his relationship with The Bug. He hardly sees her - which is not okay with me although she says hardly anything about him at this point. I won't go into details here, but just thought I'd put this out there to the universe.

I am buying the house - which I hope is a good thing - from him. So that life can remain as normal as possible for the two of us until she graduates from high school. I'm excited about being able to remodel and do things that I've always wanted to do but nervous, too. It should be quite an adventure. My first 'assignment' is going to be the dining room floor - I ripped up the carpet a few weeks ago and am searching for flooring now that matches the kitchen. Fun times ahead and it will be good to keep me busy.

So that's it from my corner of the universe. Hopefully there is smooth sailing ahead.

1 comment:

Tina Zarlenga said...

miss you and keeping up with your blog... sorry about all you are going through... hope to catch up again sometime!